Pages

6.7.10

Mini Vacation.


Staying put.

A short vacation in your own city. Perfect for summer.

The word vacation normally make me think about a country far away. Something that involves going from point A to point B, at least a couple of hours in some kind of big container. But there are other ways of doing it. One that can change the way you see your own city is very simple. Just stay. Take a couple of days off from work and just do some stuff in your own city. You can be a tourist and go to the places that you normally don't have time to visit. You can also just walk around and take a look.

That is what I'm gonna start doing tomorrow. Taking three days off I get a short work week and a really long weekend. Which means that today is my Friday. And with that said, this will be the last post for this week. But to make up for posts lost this will be somewhat of a double post.



Music Pillow.

As I said before, everything can be designed and everything can get "graphic".

Who doesn't like something well designed? That typical clean font for the text and the classic simplification of a photo. Hell, maybe that's all design is about. Taking away everything that isn't necessary. Leaving the basic and taking away that which makes it to much.

And I would say that this pillow does just that. Even with just three colors (and not very bright colors at that) it's gonna get a lot of attention laying in a couch or on a bed. This and a bunch of other pillows are a collaboration between Acrylick (a LA brand) and Andrew Sebastian (a textile designer and a pillow maker).

It's definitely worth a look at the other pillows, just click yourself over to www.hhv.de

If I had the cash for such thing I would order one right now. But I will put my money on my short "staying put" vacation that starts later today.

So have a great week and weekend and we will be back on Monday.

The Best Stuff I See/Max

0 comments: