Pages

11.9.09

Monopoly City Streets.


Googleism.

Two days ago Google released a world wide edition of Monopoly. You can buy any street that appears on google maps. After you get some streets the building begins.

So far pretty straight forward, but here's the twist and also a bit of a odd thing. You can play dirty, you are even encouraged to play dirty. I was surprised that monopoly would allow you to demolish other people's houses. And that you can without a problem put a prison or bio-hazardous factory on other players street. I guess Google and the Monopoly franchise view the world as a dog eat dog place. Which is not to strange for a company that thinks that all you need to stay out of prison is a small piece of paper with get-out-of-jail-free-card written on it.

This might be a really fun game later on as more players join and as time passes. I just like that fact that I own one of the fancier streets in Stockholm and one of the cooler streets in Berlin.

I might just go and party on one of my streets later this evening.

The Best Stuff I See/Max

0 comments: