Pages

4.12.09

The Dry Martini.

Classy Classic.

The most well known cocktail of them all. This one is for the pros.

This one is really simple to make, just take 5,5 cl of gin and mix it with 1,5 cl of dry vermouth, add a olive and you are done. Of course you should mix the gin and vermouth in a shaker with ice and then poor it in a chilled martini glass. That goes without saying.

Even if this is a very basic and simple drink, people take it very serious. I'm sure there are hundreds of dry martini clubs out there and they all know the perfect way of making the perfect dry martini. just like there are thousands of people who have a big bar all set up for the making of martinis.

The reason I post about this drink is because everybody should know about it and that it's one of the most stylish drinks you can drink. But the truth is that I don't like the taste. This is the type of drink I know I will enjoy when I'm 50. So until then I will enjoy other drinks but know that when I'm older I will be able to drink with real class.

The Best Stuff I See/Max

0 comments: