Pages

30.6.09

Kicker. Fussballspiel. Foosball.


Kick It!

When Harold S. Thornton came up with the idea for this game back in 1923 I don't think he knew that his invention would eventually become a contender for the best bar game. I must say it does have the potential to be a permanent feature in any respectable bar. Even if the so called "high society" will always see it as a working class game.

The game is simply fun. And without even knowing it you find yourself playing with new people. There for this is not just a game of technical skill it's also a game of social skills.

Here in Berlin the "Kicker" is common and there are good players all around. To keep up I have to start my training, especially after a humiliating defeat last Saturday. Or maybe it was a lack of teamwork that made us lose. Then again it could also have something to do with the alcohol.

Anyway, my training will begin tomorrow.

The Best Stuff I See/Max

0 comments: